Catalyte’s five year partnership with Cambia has helped the healthcare organization modernize its application portfolio, ship higher quality software faster, more thoroughly understand its existing data, make better care and budgetary decisions and create applications that exceed the expectations of its digitally savvy customers.
Cambia Health Solutions, a family of over 20 healthcare companies that empower more than 70 million Americans nationwide, has consistently turned to Catalyte’s digital workforce to help it modernize its technology, create more consumer-centric experiences and launch innovative applications faster. Over the course of this partnership, Catalyte demonstrated its ability for rapid prototyping, created customer-centric applications that meet regulatory mandates and presented healthcare data in new ways that lead to better business decisions and improved outcomes.
From idea to MVP in 90 days
Cambia values innovation and speed. To ensure that new ideas can get to market faster, it often uses a rapid prototyping process to speed products from idea to minimal viable product (MVP).
Catalyte was instrumental in this rapid prototyping process for several MVPs including:
- Cambia Call Center Workbench Streamlined UI for multiple disparate customer service databases
- BridgeSpan Health CDO Finder Consumer-facing system designed to increase user engagement in selecting health plans for an affiliate of Cambia Health Solutions
- Cambia Feedback application Used by Cambia executives to solicit and sort feedback from all employees
For each product, Catalyte’s development teams were tasked to take an idea to market in approximately 90 days. In each instance, Catalyte brought specialized knowledge and new skills (React.js, node.js, AWS) to Cambia that allowed the projects to be completed on time.
Developing customer-centric applications
Consumers’ digital-first expectations have forced the healthcare organization to offer better, more customer-centric applications or lose market share.
Catalyte helped Cambia with the development and modernization of several key products to make information on health plans easier to understand and decisions about coverage and care easier for consumers to make.
For BridgeSpan Health and Cambia Regence, Catalyte developed the web and mobile products that allowed consumers to quickly and efficiently research multiple healthcare plans available as a result of the new Affordable Care Act guidelines. The improved interface and functionality increased user engagement across digital and mobile channels.
Delivering data for better decision making
Electronic health record mandates and the digitalization of patient care have created vast new streams of data. Once these data sets are readily visible and clearly presented, they are valuable for controlling costs and improving outcomes.
For the Cambia AHS Mandates and HealthSparq projects, Catalyte turned large data pools into actionable intelligence. HealthSparq’s guided search capability handles over 40 million annual searches and helps members easily identify and drill down to complex health and cost data. The AHS Mandates product allows Cambia to quickly see if they meet ACA mandates and create custom reports for further exploration of cost savings and outcome.
- Digital transformation: Catalyte helped Cambia transform its software development process and outcomes to keep pace with user expectations and changing regulatory environment
- Better software, faster: Rapid prototyping and product development allowed Cambia to introduce new ideas into the marketplace faster than before
- Putting data to work: Developed products that processed and presented vast amounts of data in user friendly interfaces so Cambia could make better business and patient care decisions
- Proximity enables innovation: Catalyte’s ability to co-locate development teams lead to better communication, faster ramp, increased trust and better/more innovative development
In the past two years, Cambia Health has cut its use of an offshore outsourcer in India by half, said Laurent Rotival, the company’s chief information officer. And the insurer has enlisted the help of Catalyte, an onshore outsourcer. “They can ramp up quickly,” Mr. Rotival said.
Laurent Rotival, CIO, Cambia Health Solutions as quoted in The New York Times